Total Pageviews

Monday, June 3, 2013

3 June 2013  Blog 4:

A Good Time Was Had by All--Especially Me

    I hope all who attended my book signing last Friday night at Underground Books in Carrollton, Georgia enjoyed it at least half as much as I did. Several of my wonderful neighbors dropped by and listened attentively while I described the making of a poet (me) and my volume of poetry, Another Season Spent. A number of members from the Carrollton Creative Writers Club also attended to applaud or heckle as appropriate and drink a little cheap wine. Thanks, guys and gals.
    My good wife asked if everyone read as much as I did at these affairs. Being deaf, my presentation was somewhat wasted on her, but I showed her my notes later, which she then approved.  My grandson, Andy, was there with his mom and younger sister and brother. Andy, now in 7th grade, provided some lively entertainment by reading his fully illustrated (in color) and hardbound graphic novel, The Blue Knight. Thanks, Andy.
    My narrative included some of my prose works that contributed to my development as a writer, starting when I was ten and spanning 60 years.  My readings comprised single examples of form poetry (a villanelle), free verse and haiku from the book, published this January and available from Vabella Publishing, Amazon and Barnes and Noble at their websites. Here is a sample haiku for you:

southern voices
wet vowels and soft consonants
a cotton mouth strikes

      A few of the small crowd lingered for writerly discussions and wine before we left our host, Josh Niese, Underground proprietor, to close up shop for the night. Thanks, Josh.
    I wish all those who purchased books a happy read, and thanks again for coming.

Next blog, I hope to pick up again on the new language I have been studying. See you then.

RAA < :- (

1 comment:

  1. FYI this is the first time I've ever commented on a "blog", and since you're a friend, I thought you wouldn't mind. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete